Welcome to Saad A. Shakir M.D. & Associates
Integrated Clinical Neurosciences and Silicon Valley TMS
An Integrated Approach to Mental Healthcare
Our mission at Integrated Clinical Neurosciences and Saad A. Shakir, M.D. and Associates is to provide a full range of integrated neuropsychiatric services to individuals in our community based on in-depth assessments, education, and collaboration with our referring professional community. We are proud to provide the highest ethical and professional standards of care, cost-effective treatment, and a collaborative partnership with individuals, families, and clinicians.
Our philosophy emphasizes wellness, lifestyle modifications, and the latest and most modern advances in medicine and counseling. Our staff has many cultural backgrounds and experiences that translates into a very respectful and understanding environment of care for all cultures and backgrounds.
We provide patients in the surrounding Bay Area the latest in evidence-based depression treatments. We are pleased to be able to offer Neurostar® TMS Therapy and Brainsway Deep TMS Therapy to our patients. Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation Therapy is one of the most technologically advanced depression treatments available. This non-invasive, outpatient therapy is FDA cleared and has helped thousands of depression patients who have not received adequate results from antidepressants.
- We are excited to announce that the San Jose location of Silicon Valley TMS is one of the first in the country to receive #Brainsway #TMS devices to help treat #OCD. To learn more, please call our office today or CLICK HERE to read the Globe New Wire article about our new services.
- Patients of Dr. Tammy Saah, please note that she has opened her own practice. If you need to contact her, please call (408) 560-9985, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ketamine Treatments are no longer being offered in our clinic.
- Our 5th office in Mountain View, California, opened on June 4, 2018, and we are operational for patient care, including TMS as well as our other integrated services. This office is located at 525 South Drive, Suite 211, (Orchard Creek medical building), Mountain View, California 94040, adjacent to El Camino hospital. You can schedule appointments in Mountain View by calling the office at (650) 900-8181. We look forward to serving you and your families with our signature line of the best Integrated Clinical Neuro-Science available in the area.
- Congratulations to our own Dr. Saad Shakir, who is the recipient of the 2018 IMSA Lifetime Achievement Award for his contributions to medicine. Click here to see a video of his keynote address entitled “Advances in Neuro-Psychiatric Treatments in the 21st Century.”
- Starting March 2018, we at Silicon Valley TMS began treatment using Silicon Valley “Neuro-Navigated TMS”. This system allows us to manage more treatment resistant patients who don’t respond to the usual TMS process as well as treat other areas of the brain that might be the culprit for the resistance. It also allows us to start treating other conditions with TMS including Neuropathic pain, Tinnitus, auditory hallucinations, OCD, Addictions, ADHD, Parkinsonian tremor and other evolving conditions. Neuro-Navigated TMS is an exciting technology that will lead to better, more personalized treatment of depression and other conditions.
- Read articles on Drug Free Treatment for Drug Resistant Depression and TMS Potential for Relieving Chronic Pain
- Watch Dr. Shakir’s latest interview on The Better Part, “Addictions,” or other earlier interviews on our videos page.
- Silicon Valley TMS is adopting Freespira as a treatment for Panic Attacks and Panic Disorder. Click here to learn more.
- PBS: Dr. Shakir discusses the Syrian refugee crisis in Amman, Jordan and what can be done to fill the mental health care gap.
- Read about Steve Chappell’s struggle to find an effective treatment for his long-standing depression and his success with Deep TMS: Patients with Depression, PTSD, Tout Magnetic Helmet Treatment
“The fog had lifted…Things felt much sharper. I was smiling and laughing, which had been so hard for me. That became almost every day as the treatment progressed.”
Dr. Shakir was honored to be the keynote speaker on the topic of Sleep and Aging at the 7th International Genetic Disorders Conference and UAE International Genetic Disorders Prevention Awards 2018, on November 9 and 10, 2018, in Dubai, United Arab Emerates. He spoke about Pharmacogenomics in Psychiatry: From Therapeutic Drug Monitoring to Genomic Medicine.
We are in-network with
Dr. Saad Shakir explains the genetic and environmental causes of bipolar disorder, as well as how professionals approach the diagnosis and treatment process. This program was aired on KMVT15 Community Media as part of an ongoing series by Dr. Shakir on neuro-psychiatric conditions. Go to our videos page to watch more interviews with Dr. Shakir.