We provide comprehensive assessment and treatment for individuals with substance abuse and psychiatric issues provided by a multi-disciplinary team. Services include medical (including outpatient detoxification & Suboxone/Subutex detoxification and maintenance), psychiatric, lifestyle, and nutritional consultation. The hallmark of our practice is collaboration with other professionals in the community.
- Individualized/tailored (one size does NOT fit all)
- Comprehensive (team includes psychiatric physician, physician’s assistant, nurse practitioner, nutritionist, psychologists, and marriage and family therapists)
- Family involvement strongly encouraged
- Collaboration and integration of care
Facts (information from Nat’l Alliance on Mental Illness [NAMI]):
- Approximately 50% of individuals with psychiatric disorders are affected by substance abuse
- 37% of alcohol abusers and 53% of drug abusers also have at least one serious mental illness
- Of all people diagnosed as mentally ill, 29% abuse either alcohol or drugs
- 47% of individuals with schizophrenia also had a substance abuse disorder (more than four times as likely as the general population).
- 6% of individuals with bipolar disorder also had a substance abuse disorder (more than five times as likely as the general population).
Alternatives to AA:
- Against The Stream
- Dual Recovery Anonymous World Services, Inc.
- Smart Recovery
- LifeRing Secular Recovery
Our services value privacy, collaboration, and teamwork.