Brains are like people, we are all individuals – and different. That is why the therapy steps with SmartFocusTM TMS include personalising the TMS just for you.
Personalizing the TMS therapy for you
In the first therapy session:
- SmartFocusTM therapy preparation starts with your MRI scan. The sophisticated SmartFocusTM software can use your own MRI to model the complexity of your individual brain in a 3D form on a screen so that you and your healthcare provider can see it.
- After developing the 3D model of your brain, the operator can measure the optimised TMS dose for you. This is done by reading EMG sensors on the hand in conjunction with short TMS pulses directed to the brain region controlling hand muscles. The SmartFocus TM software, can rapidly determinate the correct stimulation level for your TMS treatment.
- Because the operator has uploaded your MRI scan to the sophisticated software, the exact target area in your brain can also be determined. Same dose, same location – every time
- Once the stimulation intensity and target location have been optimized to your unique brain, the TMS treatment can begin. At the end of the first session, the system automatically stores all your individualized settings.
- In every treatment session thereafter, you’ll always receive the same optimized dose at the same location without the preparations mentioned in steps 1-3.
After a therapy session you can leave the clinic and continue your daily routine.
After the one-time setup process, treatment delivery during your sessions will last approximately 37 min. A typical treatment course is 5 sessions per week for 6 weeks, or as your doctor prescribes.